TO ENCOURAGE STUDY SKILLS IN YOUR CHILD
1) Be a good role model. If you sometimes bring
work home with you or you're taking a course yourself, your child
will learn your habits.
2) Help your child to organize time. Establish a routine for completing
3) Minimize distractions. Music may help relieve boredom but not retaining
the War of Panipat in memory.
4) Don't wait for report cards or parent teacher meeting to address
your child's academic problems.
5)Make use of the tutoring classes that the school has to offer.
TIPS ON BOOKS CARE
Poor handling, inferior paper quality and environment conditions can
send your books to the grave even before they reach adolescence. A
little regular care can keep your books looking younger as they grow
1. Attics, basements and garages are not suitable storage areas.
2. Handle books with clean hands.
3. Place books upright on the shelves.
4. Acidic materials like bookmarks, pressed flowers and scraps of
paper should not be kept in books for long
periods of time.
5. Do not repair documents with glue or pressure-sensitive tape since
many glues and pressure-sensitive tapes are
6. Keep documents away from sunlight or fluorescent light as all visible
light will eventually damage documents and
ultraviolet light will destroy them.
7. Do not use paper clips, staples, straight pins, or other metal
objects that will eventually rust.
8. Place books in a moisture free environment and away from windows.
9. Do not earmark pages by folding.
10. Do not bend a book inside-out while reading. This can lead to
weakening of the binding.
11. Dust the books and the shelves regularly and wipe clean to keep
away silver fish.
12. Few mothballs placed on the shelves will discourage cockroaches.
Author : Anupama Vinayak