CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY, COIMBATORE
The Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Coimbatore (ICCIC)
was founded on 5th September 1929 by Sir R K Shanmugam Chetty,
who went on to become the first Finance Minister of independent
India. He served as the President of the Chamber till 1934. Since
then, many illustrious personalities have led the Chamber. They
include C S Rathnasabapathy Mudaliar, G R Govindarajulu, Sir
G D Naidu, G K Sundaram and K G Balakrishnan.
In its more than seven decades of functioning as a collective body,
the Chamber has worked towards safeguarding the interests of the
trade, commerce and industrial community. It has functioned effectively
as a mediator between the Government and the business community
in implementing economic and industrial policies of the Government
and also in sorting out other problems.
of its contributions to the city include the establishment of an
Office of the Registrar of Companies, opening an Office
of the Deputy Controller of Imports and Exports, setting up
of an Inland Container Depot and the establishment of a Business
Service Bureau, which happened to be the first of its kind in
When K G Balakrishnan, Chairman of the renowned K G Group,
took over as President in 1986, he gave a new fillip to the
activities of the Chamber with his unbridled enthusiasm and dynamic
leadership, by bringing in many young entrepreneurs and businessmen.
ICCIC is associated with the Federation of Indian Chambers of
Commerce and Industry (FICCI), New Delhi, since the time of
its inception. It is also associated with the Associated Chambers
of Commerce and Industry (ASSOCHAM), Southern India Chamber of Commerce
and Industry (SICCI) and Hindustan Chamber of Commerce (HCC).
It also has contacts with international commercial organisations
in Germany, the UK, USA, Canada and other countries.
Address: Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 8 /
732, Avanashi Road, Coimbatore - 641 018 Phone: 21 4000 / 1 / 31 4343 Fax: 21 0648